Thursday 15 September 2011

The Day My World Stood Still...

4 years and it was over. The fairytale had ended, and the world seemed to stop. As dramatic as that comment seems this was just a fragment of how I felt about “the break up”. For months i should have seen it coming; the tears, the arguments and constant bickering. But like many others i stuck my head in the sand, convinced myself it was a tough patch and we would march on through. That is the naivety of being in a serious relationship as a teenager.
The crushing reality when one partner no longer respects the other and strays from the relationship can only be described as the biggest act of betrayal.  Humiliation, defeat, and sadness swept over me. I genuinely had no idea how i was to move on from this point. I felt sick to my stomach. My appetite vanished replaced by an unsettling butterfly sensation and sharp lump in my throat. I had grown up with this person, experienced all of the biggest stages of my teenage years and become who i am today. And in one morning it had ended.
I cried, i screamed, i shouted until i was numb and couldn’t feel anymore. I felt alone, and empty. Staring into space contemplating what i should be thinking and feeling, running through my mind the past 4 years and what i could have done differently.  I had nobody to talk to. But i was wrong. In fact when i felt like my life was crumbling apart; it was only the beginning of the person i was to become. All of the pain, hatred and hurt would eventually fade and the beginning of a new chapter- A fresh page, of a new book. That was the day my world stood still, when everything i believed in faded and my new story began...

Remember The Glass Is Always Half Full...

No comments:

Post a Comment